Wednesday, July 27, 2005

ugh

Well, the gawd-awful upper respiratory infection is clearing up. Which is the good part. Dr. F gave me Biaxin to take, and a 10 day run instead of the normal 7 day run, since my immune system needs all the help it can get at this point. Yep, the great trade-off. Artificially suppress my immune system so it doesn't attack my own organs, and deal with a higher rate of infections (sinus, bronchitis, etc). Or, let my screwed up immune system do what it wants, including attack my organs, but by damn I won't get a sinus infection.

So, I take the Biaxin. I swear though, this is the worst antibiotic for side effects I have ever taken, and I still have 2 days to go. May cause abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea... Sometimes the cure is damn near as bad as the original problem. "Only 1% of patients discontinued use because of these side effects..." I will stick it out. I will stick it out. Only 2 more days....

No comments:

Twitter