Friday, May 26, 2006

a story in 100 words

Watching, Waiting


She watches, waiting for her beloved. Always waiting. She sits on the couch, looking out the window, patient. She knows that he will return, he always does.

So she watches and waits.

A flicker of color catches her eye and she knows he is there. She pulls the curtain open a little more to get a better look. It’s him, she knows it.

He sees the movement and takes off. A flurry of feathers the male cardinal is gone, the feeder is deserted.

She narrows her eyes and waits, her tail swishing in annoyance. He will return, he always does.

2 comments:

Mama Kelly said...

very very cool!!

the protagonist being a cat was a surprise

BB

mama kelly

Mira said...

Thanks! I've been working on creative writing for a few months now and will be posting some of my favorite works here.

I've discovered part of my style is teasing my readers, especially with 100 word stories like this. It seems to work for me.

Twitter