Thursday, September 07, 2006

ramblings from the sub-conscious

Well, I survived the weekend in Atlanta. Barely. Just for the record, marble tile + water = very bad. Yep, I am truly talented and managed to re-injure my back. Did something resembling the splits in a friggin' ball gown and damn near broke a toe. In a ball gown, complete with petticoats. I did make it to the ball that was going on at the Con, but there was more than an hour wait to get in the room.

So, what did I do? Went to the Stargate room and watched episodes half the night with the other really cool people who decided to hell with the parties that night. All 5 of us. We probably had one of the most intelligent discussions going on in the entire place, aside from maybe the true science tracks. We're geeks, I admit it. Who else would spend a Saturday night discussing medical ethics, genocide, and physics? Ok, some of the science people, but I deliberately stayed away from that group. Mainly because I knew I would know some of the people. (And I was right. Gods, I love Huntsville. An entire city of geeks.)

Why, yes, I am rambling. Why do you ask? Vicodin Land is back, because of my back. So, while I may be posting, don't expect anything stellar. Oh, there may be some gems scattered among the stream-of-consciousness ramblings. I guarantee it will be accidental, though. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Twitter