Wednesday, August 30, 2006

update on my back and other medical stuff

I went to see Dr. F yesterday for my back, since my trip to ER Lite didn't produce any answers. After X-rays, I have a muscle/tendon strain. The arthritis in my low back is a little worse on the films, but not too bad. Not bad enough to cause the spontaneous severe pain. Fortunately, no compression fracture of a vertebrae, which was a distinct possibility given my arthritis and long-term use of cortico-steroids.

So, rest, muscle relaxers, and pain medication. Yes, this is a familiar regimen, but hey, it works.

Nothing new on my kidneys, still have trace amount of blood being passed. I go back in 6 weeks for a re-test to see if there's still blood. If so, then I'll see a urologist. I had the option of seeing one immediately, but this isn't a critical problem. Probably just a little irritation from microscopic stones or inflammation but not an infection.

On another note, I'm not so sure about my allergy shots anymore. It seems like my damn sinus allergies are worse now that I've been geting them, not better. I've been getting them for 3 weeks now, and I had it confirmed yesterday that I don't have a respiratory infection. Despite the fact I can't really breathe. Yep, having some misgivings about modern medicine right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband has a back injury that also effects his muscles in the area. When he's home (Army) he sees a massage therapist to help with his muscle cramping.

Twitter