Sunday, July 10, 2005

have you ever...

...looked up into the in-door water/ice dispenser in a refrigerator? I'm talking really looked up there, or do you just go along because you know the horrors that live there, but want to try to ignore it? It's NASTY up there. I think I found out why I've been causing my husband and I to keep getting GI infections. We are the only ones who drink water from the refrigerator, but others in the house will fill up cups of whatever sweetened beverage with ice from the dispenser, splashing some of the sugary whatever up into the dispenser, where one won't see it unless you go looking for it.

My theory is that when my hubby or I would get ice and water, sometimes we splashed some of a colony of who-knows-what into our drink, and would get sick. My immune system, being artifically supressed, doesn't handle it so well. My husband on the other hand, has a healthy immune system, so all he experiences is a little discomfort for a day, while I am laid out for a week or so.

Mystery solved, but it still doesn't mean I will be feeling better any time soon.

No comments:

Twitter