Sunday, March 13, 2005

hey, i'm impressed

I have a new toy, and I'm very happy with it. Yes, I've joined the modern age, and bought a digital camera. Not just any camera, a nice, shiny 6.1 megapixel Kodak EasyShare, complete with all the bells and whistles. It has something like 21 automatic modes, and manual override settings where one can manually set the film speed, aperature, exposure. I've been playing with my new toy, and here are some of the results.

view of starfield to the SSE

view of starfield to the East

the Big Dipper

Corona Borealias

The stars are visible as streaks instead of points of light because I used a 64 second exposure, the maximum my camera will do, for each of the above pictures. I had the camera on a mini tripod on the top of my car. Since this camera will do pretty respectable job at photographing the night sky and other low-light situations, I think I'll need a full-size tripod to go with it. Oh, yeah, I can easily see the Oubliette becoming a photoblog.

No comments:

Twitter