Tuesday, June 14, 2005

and you thought kitty piddle was just annoying

Be very careful where you let your kitties take a leak. Via Yahoo News.

TOKYO (Reuters) - Two kittens picked the wrong place to relieve themselves when they urinated on a fax machine, sparking a fire that extensively damaged their Japanese owner's house.

Investigators in the western city of Kobe have concluded that the fire in January was caused by a spark generated when the urine soaked the machine's electrical printing mechanism.

The fire damaged the kitchen and living room before it was put out by the house's owner, who was treated for mild smoke inhalation, said Masahito Oyabu, a fireman at the Nagata fire station in central Kobe.

The kittens quickly ran to safety, he added.

"If you have a cat, or a dog for that matter, be careful where they urinate," Oyabu said. "Especially keep them away from electrical appliances and wires."

File this under crap that can't be made up.

1 comment:

Cat Walker said...

Great. Nick likes to squirt the computer now and then. Time to buy a new cover!

Twitter