Thursday, June 16, 2005

mmm, baklava, breakfast of champions

Nothing beats phyllo, nuts, honey, butter, and more honey for breakfast. Yummy. Tom and I went to a new place for dinner. Papa Gyros is a new Greek restaurant that opened recently in Huntsville. It's nothing fancy, gyros, dolmatas (grapeleaves stuffed with seasoned rice), falfel (spiced and cooked chick peas), spanakopita (spinach and feta in phyllo), mousakas (baked eggplant layered with seasoned ground beef, parmasean cheese topped with bechamel - served only on Tuesdays), orzo salad, tabouleh salad (cracked wheat, tomato, green onion, feta, lemon, and olive oil), and such. Oh, and baklava. Can't forget the baklava...

Tom and I had the traditional gyros, and shared a tabouleh salad. The gyros were wonderful, with the roasted lamb, tzatziki sauce (yougurt, cucumber, dill), tomatoes, green onions. The next time I'll get them to leave off the lettuce and bell pepper next time. The tabouleh had mint in it, which was not in the description, so I didn't like it as much as I like tabouleh from other places.

Overall I was very happy with Papa Gyros, and you can get a gyro for the same price as a Big Mac. Hmm, let me think, gyro or Big Mac, tough choice there.

No comments:

Twitter