Wednesday, June 01, 2005

reflections on laundry

Today I finally got around to washing my white laundry, which I don't have much of; I can truly wait a month before I have to wash whites. I have the usual assortment - socks, dishtowels, underwear, shirts, but preferring bright colors in everything, my white items tend to be my backups. While loading up the machine, I came across the uniform shirt I wore on my last shift on the Rescue Squad. I wear a white sleeveless shirt under my uniform t-shirt, and after shift I generally strip both off at the same time and throw them in the laundry.

I held the shirts, thinking how it's been over a month since I last rode on the rescue truck, since I was able to use my skills as an EMT. I can't even remember what happened on my last shift, if we did anything or not. I'll have to read my own rescue shift blogging post to see what happened.

I'm not trying to turn this into my own pity-party. I'm trying to remember the past, to get past the grief for what I have lost, whether it be temporary or permanent, and move on. I don't know what the future holds, only time will tell.

No comments:

Twitter