Friday, February 25, 2005

now i've seen it all

I ran across this story at The Volokh Conspiracy, and felt the need to force it upon share it, so I am not alone in my disbelief.

Women Sue Over Gorilla's Breast 'Fetish'
By MAY WONG Associated Press writer

WOODSIDE, Calif. Feb 19, 2005

Two fired caretakers for Koko, the world-famous sign-language-speaking gorilla, have sued their former bosses, claiming they were pressured to expose their breasts as a way of bonding with the 300-pound simian...

...The lawsuit claims that on one occasion Patterson (Koko's long-time trainer - mira) said, "'Koko, you see my nipples all the time. You are probably bored with my nipples. You need to see new nipples.'"

In addition to the alleged harassment, the two former workers claimed the Woodside facility had unsanitary and unsafe conditions, including rodents in the food preparation area and gorilla urine stored in the refrigerator where workers kept their lunches...

Read the whole story here

What the hell? Really? Koko likes looking at breasts, and needed a change of scenery? This is just too messed up. I wish I could think of something witty to say here, but I'm at a loss for words. Maybe because it's late. I guess I could make the obvious joke. Koko is a lesbian?

No comments:

Twitter