Tuesday, January 25, 2005

moving

I hate moving. It's actually one of the few things I truly hate in this world. I'm preparing for my 10th move in as many years. Admittedly, most of those were during college, moving between dorms and off campus apartments, but that was still a lot of moving.

As much as I hate packing, and moving, and unpacking, this time I am happy to be doing it, and I desperately hope it will be my last move for a very long time. After 18 months of separation, Tom and I have been able to work out our problems, become friends again, pick up where we left off, wiser than we were when we separated. We've both learned from our past. After having known each other for 10 years, and being married for 7 years, I know I didn't want to give up on that kind of history, that kind of friendship.

So, I'm in the process of packing up everything of mine I took from the house a year and a half ago, plus all the new acquisitions, and moving them back into the house. Oh, yeah, my brother-in-law, Luke, is living there now, too, so I get to figure out where to put some of this crap. I'm hoping to get a large chunck knocked out this weekend, and finished up middle of next week. Forutnately for me, where Dika and I are living now, and mine and Tom's house are less than 5 miles apart. I can do most of the moving in my car.

So, time to break out the boxes, and pack my entire life into a few loads in my car. I guess that's part of what's so depressing about moving, realizing how much of your life is stuff taking up space, simply crap.

I've barely even started, and I'm so ready for it to be over, to be done. To be back home with my beloved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom here:

It's been a hard year- and- a- half, but the result, in terms of personal growth, has been worth it: although Mira will be moving back, we have each changed enough that we will not be simply going back to what was. Instead, the same two people will be moving forward with a new, better life. Welcome home, Beloved :)

Twitter