Thursday, January 20, 2005

one suck-ass day

Yesterday was officially a bad day. I think I have gastric enteritis (stomach flu) again, in addition to the current sinus infection. Yippee. I went to work for about a whole 4 hours, then came home and tried to rest. That didn't happen, I wasn't able to keep anything down all day, rest, or anything else , other than be miserable. If it wasn't for the fact that I had been to the ER only a month ago for the same symptoms, I would have gone yesterday. It was that bad.

Hell, I ran a 101° F fever for the first time in a couple of years. That's unusual for me, fevers very rarely get over 100.5° F since I started on the Imuran and Remicade for Crohn's. Both medications supress the immune system, and since a fever is an immune response, it's supressed as well. I'd truly forgotten how awful a high fever is, especially since the it aggrivated the pain in my hips and back from the ankylosing spondylitis.

About 1500 I finally was able to get the nausea/vomiting under control and was able to make another attempt at pain relief. I wasn't able to actually get comfortable fall asleep until about 1900, and snoozed until about 2030 when I smelled dinner and woke up. I didn't really get comfortable enough to really sleep until 0030 this morning.

At least today wasn't nearly as bad thanks to the anti-nausea meds. I was able to keep all of my meds down, so I'm not hurting nearly as much, and not running as much of a fever. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Twitter