Thursday, May 26, 2005

nearly friday catblogging

Tux, the neighborhood cat was just chillin on the front porch again one day.


Tux kinda warily eyes me, wondering if I will bother him or let him be.


Tux is distracted by someone else, so I can get a little closer and get a nice shot of him lounging.

For those of you not familiar with Tux, he's the neighborhood stray that we provide some food and water for on our front step. He's nobody's cat, and everybody's cat, I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones that feed him.

Earlier this week the mystery of where all of Tux's food was going was solved. We have motion sensors which trip the lights on the front and back of the house. While I was in the kitchen, the light kicked on, and a big ol' fat raccoon was waddling through the yard. I moved closer to the window, to get a better look, and the 'coon saw me. He looked up at me, then went about his business. The next day I saw both kitty paw prints and raccoon prints on the front porch.

A few days later, Tom saw a 'possum in the front yard, eating the cat food. It was a little on the skinny side, but not afraid of people according to Tom. He had to convince it to go on it's merry way withoug going into the garage. Also, apparently mockingbirds think cat kibble is rather tasty. Yep, we're feeding all the critters in the neighborhood. Oh, well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Friday Ark is up at Modulator, so when you're done here head on over and check out all the other creatures which we share the Earth, our yards, and our homes with.

Also, don't forget the Carnival of the Cats, which will be hosted by Ripe Bananas.

1 comment:

Willow said...

Oh those nasty pests. How dare they eat His Highness's food!

Twitter