Saturday, August 20, 2005

aquarium update

I have a new pic of one of my White Cloud Mountain Minnow from just a few days ago. I will remind you that they are tiny and iridescent blue. If you can't find it, click on the picture and it will take you to the Flickr page, where I have a note on the picture showing where the minnow is.


Hint, the fry is on the piece of slate, eating algae.

Alas, I do not think any of the fry have survived since Tuesday, when I purchased two more Pygmy Cory Cats and two Croaking Gourami, who, despite the best efforts of the adults, I think have eaten all of the fry, who didn't have to hide to survive. The adult Minnows are ready to spawn again, and I think this batch of fry will have a better survival instinct, or at least listen to that instinct and hide. The first hatching learned they didn't have to hide, so they were doomed when the Gourami were introduced. I'm hoping the next batch will do better.

No comments:

Twitter