Wednesday, August 10, 2005

ok, so this is borderline obsessive...

I'm sitting here watching a program on the Discovery Science Channel, and they are talking about the space telescopes, mainly Hubble, and showed at least one photo from a terrestial telescope, claiming it was taken by Hubble. Exhibit A, the specific galaxy - Messier 104, NGC 4594, commonly called the Sombrero galaxy:



Note the copyright. That photograph, among hundreds of others, was taken by a telescope in New South Wales, Australia. I only know this is because I stumbled across the AAO site and images a few years ago, and have viewed and downloaded EVERY image from this site, and read the information that went along with the photos as I went. I learned a lot about astronomy, and continue to be in awe of the sheer beauty of the universe.

No comments:

Twitter