Friday, August 19, 2005

thoughts and musings

As you may have noticed, I have come out of the "broom closet" so to speak, and I am no longer hiding the fact that I am a Wiccan. This will occasionally pop up in a post, but this is not going to suddenly change into a Pagan Blog. There are plenty of religious bloggers who don't hide what their faith is, but it doesn't make up their entire blog. That's how this blog will be, including the occasional Wiccan/witch/pagan joke. I'm completely open to people of other faiths, my only request is that you don't try to convert me, because I will not try to convert you. I will answer questions, emailed or left in a comment, explain any points of faith, but I believe everyone should have the right to choose their own path.

Now, on a slightly different note, I have always been fascinated by the cannonized Saints. I think part of this is from having to identify saints by their clothing or items in Art History class, and part is I was raised as a Quaker, so I had no exposure to Saints cannonized by the Catholic or Byzantine Churches.

So, while doing some semi-random browsing through a saint index, I found out who my Patron Saint is. Michael the Archangel, patron saint of EMTs, the State of Alabama, artists, and sick people. Just because I'm Wiccan doesn't mean I don't respect and believe in some aspects of other faiths. I guess I need to get a St. Michael the Archangel medal the next time I visit the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament.

No comments:

Twitter