Tuesday, August 02, 2005

mmm, frosted flakes

I have some more Lactaid, so I can now continue with my disturbing addiction to Frosted Flakes. I think part of the frosting on the flakes is heroin, or crack, or maybe even both. Yes, I'm starting on my second Sam's Club box, 2 large bags, of Frosted Flakes.

Ok, in my own defense, there are currently 3 other adults, a teenage boy, and a pre-teen boy living in the house with me right now, also eating the Frosted Flakes. But I must make sure that I get my share before anyone else has a chance to steal my portion...

(begin science lesson)
I am lactose intolerant, my digestive system no longer produces the lactase enzyme, which breaks down lactose, a type of sugar found in milk. I must take lactase enzyme, sold under the brand name Lactaid, whenever I drink unfermented milk products, where the lactose is still intact, or else I experience abdominal cramps, bloating, and other mild but annoying symptoms. The lactase breaks lactose into the simple sugar glucose. Anything ending in -ose is a sugar, fructose, sucrose, lactose, galactose, and so on. Anything ending in -ase is an enzyme, and will break down the specific sugar, fructase, sucrase, lactase, galactase, and so on. Got it? Well, that's all I'm going to do today, you want more information, go to Google.

No comments:

Twitter