Saturday, August 06, 2005

time to play a game

Since I have just been woken up by a thunderstorm, and there's no way I'm going back to sleep anytime soon, I, in some fever induced delerium, have decided that instead of playing "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon", that I'm going to play "6 degrees of Harry Potter". Everything can be linked in some way to Harry Potter, and here is my first example:

  1. Harry Potter buys his wand at Ollivander's Wand Emporium
  2. Mr. Ollivander is played by John Hurt
  3. John Hurt played The Storyteller, in a short lived TV series of the same name, a Jim Henson Production
  4. Jim Henson Productions also did all of the creature effects for the Sci-Fi series Farscape
  5. Ben Browder, star of Farscape, is now one of the main characters on Stargate SG-1
    (last night's episode was absolutely hilarious, but that's another post)
See, 5 degrees of separation from Harry Potter to Stargate SG-1.

Ok, so maybe it's a little unfair, since many great actors have played roles in the Harry Potter movies, but hey, I needed to entertain myself while I try to go back to sleep. IMDB also makes this a whole lot easier, and the list of shows does tell something about what I like to watch on TV.

No comments:

Twitter